Having a Written Fleet Safety Program in place is incredibly important, especially for businesses that rely heavily on employees using business vehicles.
A comprehensive written safety program should always be in place and communicated to employees. This program should include:
1. Safety mission statement
2. Hiring, screening and selection policies
3. Policies for operating vehicles safely
4. Defensive Driving Programs
5. Accident Reviews
6. Accountability for drivers and supervisors
7. Drug & Alcohol Screening
8. Policies for personal use of vehicles
9. Safe driving guidelines
10. Distracted driving policies
Educate your employees on safe driving practices and company vehicle use policies.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance if you have any questions.